Mead Farm is one of the oldest horse riding establishment in Stamford with a history dating back to 1928. As a family-run business, we offer:
- Year-round lessons for children and adults
- Boarding, leasing and sales
- Seasonal programs
- Birthday parties & more
From the first time rider to the more advanced, our instructors provide a comprehensive and challenging riding experience within a casual atmosphere.
Mead Farm offers private and group lessons designed for those who want the full hands-on equestrian experience. Mead Farm has expanded its offerings to include programs through local Recreation and Parks Departments, as well as other organizations.
Mead Farm believes that riding doesn’t start when you sit in the saddle and end when you dismount. Our instruction is focused on strengthening each rider’s foundation and helping him/her advance in their riding. Riders also have the opportunity to learn everything from grooming and tacking to complete horse care. Mead Farm provides year-round activities that create memories lasting a lifetime.
Horseback riding is about:
- Becoming so tired that you want to quit, but don’t
- Being “too tired” to go to the barn, but you go anyway
- Learning discipline and patience
- Developing a work ethic
- Learning to take care of your own body
- Learning to work with others and be part of a team
- Learning to deal with disappointment and still work hard to succeed
- Learning to make and accomplish goals
- Learning that it takes hours and hours of hard work and practice to become great (at anything) and success does not happen overnight
- Developing attributes that will help you throughout life
To provide affordable, comprehensive and challenging riding and horsemanship instruction within a casual yet professional atmosphere.
Horseback Riding Programs
Whether you want to develop your riding skills with private or group lessons, spend time on the trails, learn about horsemanship, or help your troop earn their riding badge, Mead Farm has an activity for you. We offer both year round and seasonal programs.
Our instructors have the experience, knowledge, and skill to teach you to ride a horse comfortably and with confidence. Our instructors will teach you the skills to effectively communicate with any horse. Mead Farm reserves the right to substitute a comparable instructor without prior notification.
Mead Farm can custom tailor a program or event to meet your specific needs i.e. team building among coworkers, Couples Night, photo/video shoot, school organizations, scouting troops, etc.